Community & Communications Officer
Looking for an exciting marketing and communications job with lots of creativity and autonomy? At UMIO we are in search of a Community & Communications Officer who will boost engagement among our client networks.
This vacancy is no longer available
In this position, you will create inspiring content, manage external communications, and coordinate events in-person and online.
Tasks and responsibilities
The responsibilities of the Community & Communications Officer reside in two areas:
- COMMUNITY BUILDING – Raise the engagement within our professional networks throug in-person events and online activities.
- COMMUNICATIONS – Build effective, powerful, and creative communications to reach and inspire prospective clients.
As our Community & Communications Officer, you will:
- manage the communications and engagement on UMIO’s communication channels, including the UMIO website, UMIO Prime, and social media platforms;
- prepare, coordinate, and execute events in the context of community building, including online activities (e.g. webinars) and face-to-face sessions;
- generate content and coordinate content generation for the purpose of external communications (e.g. texts, videos, brochures, podcasts, etc.) towards prospective clients;
- liaise with other communications colleagues about content sharing and dissemination through internal and external communication channels;
- advice and provide input on the marketing and communications strategy within the context of UMIO’s strategic plans;
- participate in and report on communications-related projects within the broader context of the School, the University, and/or initiatives related to lifelong learning;
- keep abreast of internal and external developments, and innovations in the areas of communications and community development.
If you’re an energetic, social, and well-organised professional with the following minimum
requirements in place, there’s a good chance you will do an excellent job:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or any other related field
- At least 3 years of work experience in related positions
- Excellent communication skills (writing and speaking) in English and Dutch
- Strong organising skills with the ability to structure tasks and keep your head cool
- A genuine passion for creative content creation as well as event management
Some qualities are not absolute necessities, yet having them would make your life in this position a
bit easier. To mention a few:
- Experience with organising digital/physical events for professional audiences
- Experience with digital platform dynamics and how to build and nurture communities
- Experience with renowned communication tools and channels (e.g. WordPress, Canva, Email automation software, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, etc.)
- Experience with communications-related work in (semi-)commercial sectors
- Experience with working in academic and educational environments
Conditions of Employment
We offer a 0.8 fte appointment (32 hours/week) for the period of one year, with a view to permanent employment if suitable. Remuneration will be according to scale 8 or 9 of the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities, depending on education and relevant work experience.
The terms of employment of Maastricht University are set out in the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO). Furthermore, local UM provisions also apply. For more information look at the website Working at UM.
Maastricht University is renowned for its unique, innovative, problem-based learning system, which is characterized by a small-scale and student-oriented approach. Research at UM is characterized by a multidisciplinary and thematic approach, and is concentrated in research institutes and schools. Maastricht University has around 22,000 students and about 5,000 employees. Reflecting the university’s strong international profile, a fair amount of both students and staff are from abroad. The university hosts 6 faculties: Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences, Faculty of Law, School of Business and Economics, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Faculty of Psychology and Neuroscience.
UMIO is the professional development branch of Maastricht University School of Business and Economics, located at the Tapijnkazerne in Maastricht. Becoming part of our organisation means that you join a team of around 30 ambitious and qualified colleagues with lots of experience in
developing, marketing, and organising learning journeys for individual professionals and organisations at large. Our portfolio consists of degree programmes (MBAs and Executive Masters), short management courses, tailor-made programmes, and innovation projects.
For more information about this vacancy or to apply for this position, please contact:
Head of Marketing & Communications
UMIO | Maastricht University
T: +31 (0)6 14 35 96 76 | E: email@example.com
How to apply
You can send your application to this e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget to mention AcademicTransfer and the job number: AT2022.455 in your letter.